Volunteer Receptionist – Bloomington Office
Nature of Work:
Provides receptionist, switchboard, clerical, or other Center support as assigned by the Administrative Services Coordinator.
Specific Duties May Include:
- Answer calls, screen and transfer calls, and possibly take messages.
- Greet visitors to the Center and alert staff regarding visitors.
- Assist with our Equipment Loan Program
- Accompany visitors to the warehouse and assist them with finding needed equipment from the equipment loan program.
- Assist in completing necessary paperwork for equipment loan program and making changes on existing paperwork on file.
- Provide general correspondence, reports and other documents using Microsoft Office software as requested. Proofread to assure accuracy.
- Photocopy and compile materials as assigned.
- Assemble, fold, and sort large mailings.
- Maintain confidentiality of all consumer interactions and data.
Volunteer Duty Specifications (as needed for assigned duties):
- Ability to operate multi-line phone system, transfer calls, and record accurate telephone messages in clear English.
- Ability to proofread documents, collate multi-page and multi-document materials in the correct order, and alphabetize and file documents.
- Ability to operate standard office machines.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all consumer interactions and data.
- Must be able to work with moderate supervision.
- Must have dependable attendance.
- Must have reliable transportation to the Center.
If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer for LIFE CIL, please download and complete the application: Volunteer Application 2019
or come by our office to get an application to complete. Thank you for your consideration.