Wheelchair Basketball 2017
University of Illinois Wheelchair Basketball Teams
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Our Teams for 2017
We are so grateful that the University of Illinois Wheelchair Basketball Teams have continued to support LIFE CIL and have continually agreed to help make this event possible. Members of the men’s and women’s wheelchair basketball teams will join us again on Saturday, April 8, 2017 to play against Be Strong. Be Strong is a functional training gym located in Normal, and they have agreed to have a team of ten to fifteen individuals represent LIFE CIL as our home team for the 2017 event.
To learn more about the Men’s U of I wheelchair basketball team and get an idea of who might be in town to play in April, please visit http://disability.illinois.edu/athletics/mens-wheelchair-basketball. For the same information on the women’s U of I wheelchair basketball team, please visit http://disability.illinois.edu/athletics/womens-wheelchair-basketball.
To learn more about LIFE CIL’s home team for 2017, Be Strong, please visit their website. Be sure and read the member spotlight. You will see that hard works pays off! Be Strong’s website: https://be-strong.squarespace.com/#be-more-be-strong.
Our sponsorship opportunities are designed to help meet marketing objectives with awareness and brand marketing of a business or organization.
This is part of a popular, fun, family fundraising event that includes a silent auction and face painting also. We expect at least 250 people to view our printed program.
To fully benefit from your sponsorship, you must submit the following to Brianne at LIFE CIL by Friday, March 31, 2017:
- your sponsorship commitment form
- electronic copy of your ad and/or logo
- payment for the sponsorship level you choose
BACKBOARD SHATTERING – Starting at $500
- Full-page advertisement in the Wheelchair Basketball program (you submit the ad electronically)
- We will feature your business/organization on our Facebook page twice a month through 2017
- Your business/organization will receive 20 complimentary tickets to the event for your employees or customers
- You will receive an invitation to and recognition during our Annual Meeting in the fall
- A full slide in the PowerPoint display that will run continuously the day of the event (you provide your logo electronically)
- You will be listed as a Backboard Shattering sponsor on our website the week prior to the event and for months following the event
- You will be highlighted in our Annual Report as a Backboard Shattering event sponsor
SLAM DUNK – Starting at $250
- Half-page advertisement in the Wheelchair Basketball program (you submit the ad electronically)
- We will feature your business/organization on our Facebook page once a month through 2017
- Your business/organization will receive 10 complimentary tickets to the event for your employees or customers
- Half of a PowerPoint slide that will run continuously the day of the event (you provide your logo electronically)
- You will be listed as a Slam Dunk sponsor on our website the week prior to the event and for months following the event
- You will be highlighted in our Annual Report as a Slam Dunk event sponsor
ALLEY-OOP – Starting at $100
- Quarter-page advertisement in the Wheelchair Basketball program (you submit the ad electronically)
- We will feature your business/organization on our Facebook page every other month through 2017
- Your business/organization will receive 5 complimentary tickets to the event for your employees or customers
- Your logo will be shown on a PowerPoint display that will run continuously the day of the event (you provide your logo electronically)
- You will be listed as an Alley-Oop sponsor on our website the week prior to the event and for months following the event
- You will be highlighted in our Annual Report as an Alley-Oop event sponsor
JUMP SHOT – Starting at $25
- Business Card size advertisement in the Wheelchair Basketball program (you submit the ad electronically)
- We will mention your business/organization on our Facebook page when posting about the event
- Your business/organization will be listed on a PowerPoint display that will run continuously the day of the event
- You will be listed as a Jump Shot sponsor on our website the week prior to the event and for months following the event
- You will be highlighted in our Annual Report as a Jump Shot event sponsor
LIFE CIL invites any one who would like to make a contribution for the silent auction, concessions, and/or door prizes to contact Brianne Anderson, our Administrative Services Director. We are organizing baskets for a silent auction to be held during the wheelchair basketball game as we have done in the past.
All donors will be included in our printed program and PowerPoint presentation. Proceeds from the silent auction will be used to support the services provided by LIFE CIL. LIFE CIL is a 501 (c) (3) organization and can provide a letter for your tax records, as allowed by law.
We hope to see you on Saturday, April 8.
Wheelchair Basketball 2016 was a success!
(photos will be updated ASAP)
Many thanks to the University of Illinois Wheelchair Basketball Teams and the Area Athletic Coaches who played a great game on Saturday, April 23, 2016.
We’d like to thank everyone who attended and invite you to view photos that were taken at the event on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/lifecil.
We would like to thank all of the sponsors and donors of this year’s event.
Backboard Shattering Sponsors (starting at $500):
- OSF Saint James – John W. Albrecht Medical Center
- Kathy Owen Photography
- PIP Printing & Marketing Services
Slam Dunk Sponsors (starting at $250):
- Advocate Charitable Foundation
- Health Alliance
- Heartland Bank and Trust Company
- OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Wayne’s Music World
Alley-Oop Sponsors (starting at $100):
- A Caring Touch of McLean County, Inc.
- Bloomington-Normal Audiology
- Tom Brokaw, State Farm Agent
- COUNTRY Financial
- GROWMARK, Inc.
- Illinois Farm Bureau
- Koko Printing
- McDonalds of Bloomington-Normal, McLean and Gibson City
- Mid-America Insurance Services, Inc.
- Uplift Productions
- YWCA McLean County
We would also like to thank all of our volunteers, without you the day would not have gone as smoothly as it did. We appreciate your time, your hard work and your support of LIFE CIL.
A big shout out to all of sign language interpreters who volunteered their time that day, Wayne’s Music World for donating his DJ services for the day, Katherine Owen Photography for the great photos, Bloomington-Normal Jaycees who help with our concessions again this year, to Epsilon Sigma Alpha (ESA) Tau Tau Chapter for helping with our silent auction, and to Bloomington Edge Football for sending Spike, members of your dance team to perform and for the door prize you provided for the event.
As we have for the last few years, LIFE CIL will pay for two scholarships for the U of I Wheelchair Sports Camps for Youth this summer. We are hoping those two scholarships will actually help a couple of local youth attend camp this summer.
More about Wheelchair Basketball in past years:
In 2015, our home team was Bloomington-Normal Deaf Club, who competed more closely with the University of Illinois Team than any other team. The players from Bloomington-Normal Deaf Club practiced for weeks ahead of time to prepare for this event. This was our second most profitable year since we started doing Wheelchair Basketball. In addition to an exciting game, there was a silent auction with baskets made with donations from local businesses and organizations; Concessions run by the Bloomington-Normal Jaycces; Performances by Kids on the Block Puppet Troupe. We also had a 50/50 raffle and a door prize.
Thanks to all of those who participated in, donated to, or sponsored this event, LIFE Center for Independent Living was able to raise over $5,000 that will help us provide independent living services in DeWitt, Ford, Livingston and McLean Counties. We raised awareness of disabilities, raised money, AND people had a good time! We hope you will consider supporting next year’s fundraising event. Thank you again!
Past home teams have been: Illinois Wesleyan University Men’s Basketball Team (2009); a team from State Farm Activities Association (2010); Bloomington Police Association and Bloomington Firefighters Local #49 (2011); and Multicultural Leadership Program (2012); District 87 Teachers and Staff (2013); Local Religious Organizations (2014); Bloomington-Normal Deaf Club (2015).