SAVE THE DATE!!!
Friday, Sept. 26, 2014
2:00 – 4:00 pm
LIFE CIL’s Bloomington office
Disability Rights Presentation topic: VOTING
Equip for Equality will present:
- Make Your Vote Count: The Voting Rights of People with Disabilities
- Know your voting rights
- Ask for accommodations at your polling place
- Get help and information about filing complaints
McLean County League of Women Voters will present:
- How to become an educated voter
McLean County Circuit Clerk’s office will present:
- Voter registration process
- New law – grace period registration
Registrars will be available to assist with voter registration following the presentations.
(More presenters and topics may be added soon, details will be updated once confirmed.
In the meantime, check out more voting and election info here:
“Vote as if your life depends on it, because it does.” – Justin Dart, Jr. (father of the Americans with Disabilities Act)
LIFE Center for Independent Living is now on Facebook!!
LIKE us on Facebook! You can click on the LIKE button to the right, or you can visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/lifecil. We are hoping we will be able to further assist the community through social media and keep in touch with those who want to know what LIFE CIL is up to!